PeopleSoft Student Systems - Fluid Navigation
PeopleSoft Student Systems – Fluid Navigation
What is Fluid?
- A different method of navigation within PeopleSoft using Homepages and Tiles instead of breadcrumbs
- It is dynamic – it allows the PS application to scale pages from large devices (laptops/desktops) down to smaller devices such as tablets and smartphones. Making PeopleSoft more mobile friendly
Why is this important?
- With the widespread use of mobile devices, it is essential to make PeopleSoft mobile friendly.
- Oracle support for classic navigation has ended.
- CSU campuses are required to implement Fluid Homepages and Navigation.
Fluid Navigation vs Classic
- The old Classic navigation uses the breadcrumb menu model which has a deep hierarchy
- Fluid allows multiple navigation options to access both Fluid and Classic pages
- Tiles (house navigation collections)
- Recent Places
- My Favorites
- Navigator (full navigation menu)
- Classic Home nav link (Not supported by Oracle in PeopleTools 8.59)
- Fluid Nav starting point
- Users can have multiple homepages
- Default homepage is displayed first after logging in
The NavBar includes:
- Recently Visited
The Menu tile in the NavBar opens ALL components that you have access to, just like the “Main Menu” in the previous version.
Fluid version of Breadcrumbs
Q: What happens to My Favorites?
A: All the favorites you saved will be migrated and will work after the change.
Q: How is this affecting me?
A: The way you access PeopleSoft Student Systems information is changing, the new user interface “Fluid” is more mobile-friendly, but as with all changes it requires a little getting used to.
Q: When is this change happening?
A: All 23 CSU campuses are implementing Fluid at different times; Cal Maritime will be migrated on the weekend of Nov 5.
Q: Which PeopleSoft system is impacted?
A: PeopleSoft Student Systems.
Q: Are there other changes?
A: Yes, to enhance security, DUO will be implemented at the same time.