Department Chairs and Deans
- Self-service and manager self-service pages have a vastly different look and feel but the processes are like current
- No Leave Taken will be entered and approved on its own pages instead of being part of absence, as it is now
- Employees can key absence requests up to 12 months in advance
- Forecasting will be implemented for absence requests allowing employees to have a better idea of what their balance will look like in the future
- Comments for certain absence types are not required by the system as they are now; however, CMA will still require comments for these types of absences (e.g. sick leave for family)
- The absence process will run twice daily, and the monthly calendar will be closed on the 5th working day of the month, which means updated balances will be posted sooner
- Employees will be able to view benefits using CHRS Benefits self-service.
- Contains employee and dependent information regarding eligibility and enrollment
- Self Service future enhancements
Personal Data Changes
New self-service access to change/view personal data such as preferred name, address, and emergency contacts will be made available in CHRS
- A query tool will still exist in CHRS, but those that already exist (and are currently being used) will need to be recreated in CHRS. If you have access to create private queries now, IT Information Security and Application Services will help to ensure similar levels of access are provided.
- There will be some delivered reports, but most reporting will occur in the new CHRS reporting solution built with Amazon’s QuickSight tool.
- No one on campus will have the ability to create public queries, but you can share your queries with other CHRS users, and we can request that the Chancellor's Office create public queries.
Temporary Academic Employment
- The new Temporary Academic Employment module is expected to help streamline the appointment/reappointment of temporary academic employees such as lecturers, Teaching Associates, Graduate Assistants, and Instructional Student Assistants.
- Functionality for faculty additional employment will be reviewed to determine if it will be of use to CMA
- Future campus enhancements include the use of the built-in workflow and approvals processes that will help the flow of data from one unit to another and should reduce keying and time to finalize appointments/reappointments
- Human Resources staff will have the ability to do a final approval and push the data into Job, thus reducing their keying as well
- Self-service and manager self-service pages have a vastly different look and feel but the processes are similar to current
- The timesheet view defaults to the current week and cannot be changed (currently it defaults to the current pay period)
- Hourly and overtime reporting, both the earn and the take, are capable of entry via employee self-service