CSU Benefits Open Enrollment is
Monday, September 20
to Friday, October 15, 2021
The health and well-being of our employees is important, and we encourage you to take advantage of Open Enrollment to ensure your benefits work for you. The CSU is committed to offering benefits and plan options to cover your individual and family health needs.
The CSU annual Open Enrollment period takes place September 20 to October 15, 2021. The effective date for all changes that are made during the Open Enrollment period will be January 1, 2022. If you don’t want to make any changes to your benefits, you don’t need to do anything. Your current elections will automatically continue, however, if you want to enroll or continue participating in the Health Care or Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, you must enroll/re-enroll every year.
Take advantage of this annual opportunity to review and update your current benefits for the upcoming year. You can enroll, change or cancel CalPERS health, dental, vision, Flex cash, Dependent Care Reimbursement (DCRA), Health Care Reimbursement (HCRA) or voluntary benefits plans.
Enrollment forms can be dropped off to the Payroll & Benefits office, Administration Building, Room 26 or electronically via Office Forms to Kristen Bautista, Benefits Coordinator. We will not accept any forms after October 15, 2021. Do not email forms that contain social security numbers or date of birth.
Any questions on Open Enrollment or how to complete the forms can be submitted to HumanResources@csum.edu
Employees newly enrolling or making changes in health or dental must complete a Medical/Dental Benefits Enrollment Worksheet along with the required supporting documents.
Virtual Solutions & Campus Benefits Fair
In addition to the benefits information for Open Enrollment on CSYou, once again this year a virtual solution will be available for our employees—providing additional access to benefits information. The virtual solution will also host your regional campus LIVE Benefits Fairs. At the LIVE event, you’ll be able to video or text chat with providers and your campus HR team.
Wednesday October 6, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Thursday October 7, 2021 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Friday October 8, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
You must REGISTER to get access to this website, which will also host your regional campus Benefits Fairs. So don’t delay, registration opens on Wednesday, September 8.
What You Need to Review
- 2022 Open Enrollment Guide
- 2022 Health Plan Rates
- CalPERS Plans & Rates
- 2022 Dental Plan Information
- 2022 Vision Plan Information
- 2022 Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Account Form
(Annual re-enrollment required)
- Voluntary Benefit Plans
Plan Changes for 2022
CalPERS Health Premium Rate for 2022
Plan rates are determined by CalPERS. Premiums have changed for all plans for 2022. Please see Compare Plan Rates for 2022 for details. Visit CalPERS.ca.gov for details on rate changes and network changes shown below.
Basic PPO Plans
PERS Care, PERS Choice and PERS Select will transition to two plans, PERS Platinum (Care and Choice) and PERS Gold (Select). If you are enrolled in PERS Care and PERS Choice and do not make a change during the Open Enrollment period, you and your enrolled family members will automatically be moved to PERS Platinum. If you are enrollment in PERS Select, and do not make a change during the Open Enrollment period, you and your enrolled family members will automatically be moved to PERS Gold. Due to changes in the PERS Care and PERS Choice PPOs consolidating, the health plan premiums will increase for those employees who were enrolled in PERS Choice.
- PERS Select: Transition to PERS Gold. Retains the same 20% coinsurance benefit design and network as PERS Select
- PERSCare: Transition to PERS Platinum. Retains the same 10% coinsurance benefit design and network as PERSCare/PERS Choice
- PERS Choice: Transition to PERS Platinum. Offers a 10% coinsurance benefit design and retains the network of PERSCare/PERS Choice
Health Care Reimbursement Account
- The Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA) and Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) require annual re-enrollment for 2022, regardless of participation in 2021. DCRA/HCRA is administered by ASIFlex
- ASI Flex will automatically issue a set of two ASIFlex Visa Debit Cardsfor all first time Health Care Reimbursement Account participants newly enrolling effective for plan year 2022, without the hassle of completing a debit card request form. The ASIFlex Card can be used to pay for qualifying expenses. Employees who currently have a valid ASIFlex Card may continue to use their current card until it expires.
- Employees can check balances on ASIFlex Mobile App
- Use FSA Store to purchase products and services
Vision Care Plan
- Vision Service Plan (VSP) New Plan Enhancements. Employees will enjoy higher frame and lenses allowances, ultra violet (UV) protection and the VSP Primary EyeCare Plan. This plan includes, for members with diabetes, retinal screenings and additional exams. There are also services available to members with glaucoma or age related macular degeneration, and the treatment and diagnosis of eye conditions like pink eye, vision loss and cataracts, at no additional cost or premium increase. For more information about the vision care plan, visit csuactives.vspforme.com or call (800) 877-7195.
Health Plan Reminders
- You will receive new health plan ID cards if you change your health plan or enroll for the first time.
- If you change plans during Open Enrollment and you do not see the correct deduction applied by your February pay warrant, contact the Department of Human Resources.
- If you change your health plans, do not continue to use your previous health plan after December 31, 2021.
Other Voluntary Plans
Additional information regarding each of the voluntary benefit plans and how to enroll can be located on the CSU Systemwide Benefits Portal. Links to the vendor sites are provided below.
Plan Vendor and Website Link
Customer Service #
The Chancellor’s Office is the benefits administrator for all retiree benefits. During Open Enrollment and throughout the year CSU retirees can access health, dental, and vision information online by going to CSU Retirees website. Questions should be directed to CSU Systemwide Benefits office at 562-951-4411.