CSU Benefits Open Enrollment
September 19 - October 14, 2022
The health and well-being of our employees is important, and we encourage you take this time to ensure your benefits are aligned with your individual and family’s health needs.
The CSU annual Open Enrollment period takes place September 19 to October 14, 2022. The effective date for all changes that are made during the Open Enrollment period will be January 1, 2023. If you don’t want to make any changes to your benefits, you don’t need to do anything. Your current elections will automatically continue, however, if you want to enroll or continue participating in the Health Care or Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, you must enroll/re-enroll every year.
Take advantage of this annual opportunity to review and update your current benefits for the upcoming year. You can enroll, change or cancel CalPERS health, dental, vision, Flex cash, Dependent Care Reimbursement (DCRA), Health Care Reimbursement (HCRA) or voluntary benefits plans.
Any questions on Open Enrollment or how to complete the forms can be submitted to HumanResources@csum.edu
Employees newly enrolling or making changes in health, dental or FlexCash must complete
a Medical/Dental Benefits Enrollment Worksheet along with the required supporting documents.
Campus Benefits Fair
Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 12pm to 2pm
Compass Room, Marketplace Building
Virtual Benefits Fair
In addition to the benefits information for Open Enrollment on CSYou, this year, the regional virtual benefit fair will be held on Zoom Events. During the event, you'll be able to meet virtually with your campus benefit team as well as the benefit providers.
In order to register, you must be logged into Zoom using your campus assigned email
address. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with a link and instructions
on how to join.
Wednesday, September 28, 2022 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
What You Need to Review
- 2023 Open Enrollment Guide
- 2023 Health Plan Rates
- 2023 Dental Plan Information
- 2023 Vision Plan Information
- 2023 Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Account Form
- CalPERS Plans & Rates
- Voluntary Benefit Plans
Enrollment forms can be dropped off to the Benefits office, Administration Building, Room 17b or electronically via Office Forms to Kristen Bautista, Benefits Coordinator. Forms will not be accepted after October 14, 2022. For security, do not email forms that contain social security numbers or date of birth.
What’s New For 2023
CalPERS Health Premium Rates for 2023
Plan rates are determined by CalPERS. Premiums have changed for all plans for 2023. Please see Compare Plan Rates for 2023 for details. Visit CalPERS.ca.gov for details on rate changes and network changes shown below.
Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) Basic members and their dependents will be assigned a Primary Care Physician (PCP) – for example, a general practitioner, family practitioner, internist, or pediatrician – based on factors such as location, age, and primary language. Members are free to choose a different PCP, and it does not change your ability to see a specialist at any time without a referral. PPO members with an existing PCP assignment will keep their current PCP.
Health Benefit Design Change
New benefit providing medically necessary and clinically appropriate hearing aids in both ears at 100% coverage every 36 months.
Health Plan Expansions and Changes
- Blue Shield Trio is expanding its service area to include Butte, Kern, Kings, Monterey, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Tulare counties.
- Blue Shield EPO is expanding into Alpine, Calaveras, Inyo, Lake, Modoc, Mono, Plumas, Siskiyou, Tehama, Trinity, and Tuolumne counties.
Vision Service Plan (VSP) New Plan Enhancements
- Vision benefits now include VSP LightCare™, which allows you to use your frame and lens benefit to get non-prescription eyewear from your VSP® network doctor. Simply choose either prescription eyewear coverage, or use your frame and lens allowance toward ready-to-wear non-prescription sunglasses or non-prescription blue light filtering glasses.
- Premier participants will also see a small rate decrease in 2023.
- To make changes during Open Enrollment, visit csuactives.vspforme.com or call (800) 877-7195, there are no Open Enrollment forms, unless you are a new hire after August 1, 2022.
Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) and Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA)
- The Health Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA) and Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) require annual re-enrollment for 2023, regardless of participation in 2022. DCRA/HCRA is administered by ASIFlex
- ASI Flex will automatically issue a set of two ASIFlex Visa Debit Cardsfor all first time Health Care Reimbursement Account participants newly enrolling effective for plan year 2023, without the hassle of completing a debit card request form. The ASIFlex Card can be used to pay for qualifying expenses. Employees who currently have a valid ASIFlex Card may continue to use their current card until it expires.
- Employees can check balances on ASIFlex Mobile App
- Use FSA Store to purchase products and services
- Employees in the DCRA plan may now take advantage of the new Recurring Direct Pay Program. This program allows you to pay your child care provider directly from your pretax DCRA account.
Health Plan Reminders
- You will receive new health plan ID cards if you change your health plan or enroll for the first time.
- If you change plans during Open Enrollment and you do not see the correct deduction applied by your February pay warrant, contact the Department of Human Resources.
- If you change your health plans, do not continue to use your previous health plan after December 31, 2022.
Other Voluntary Plans
Additional information regarding each of the voluntary benefit plans and how to enroll can be located on the CSU Systemwide Benefits Portal. Links to the vendor sites are provided below.
Plan Vendor and Website Link
Customer Service #
The Chancellor’s Office is the benefits administrator for all retiree benefits. During Open Enrollment and throughout the year CSU retirees can access health, dental, and vision information online by going to CSU Retirees website. Questions should be directed to CSU Systemwide Benefits office at 562-951-4411.
Medical/Dental Benefits Enrollment Worksheet
2023 DCRA/HCRA Enrollment Authorization Form
CalPERS Open Enrollment Newsletter
FSA Debit Card Enrollment Form
CalPERS 2023 Health Benefit Summary
The Standard Voluntary Insurance Rates
California Casualty Auto/Home Insurance Flyer