Eligible CSU employees and their dependents are automatically enrolled in the CSU vision insurance plan, with plan rates paid by the university. Vision Service Plan (VSP) provides the administration of vision benefits and claims on behalf of the CSU Vision Plan.
CSU-paid Basic Vision Plan Benefits, Group Plan Number 30059426
- One comprehensive eye exam every calendar year.
- One pair of lenses every other calendar year (or calendar year if your prescription changes) and one frame every other calendar year.
- Contact lenses every other calendar year when contact lenses are provided in lieu of all other lens and frame benefits.
- Under VSP, the frequency of benefits is based on a calendar year perspective. For example, if an employee has an eye exam in February 2015, he/she will be eligible for another eye exam on January 1, 2016, or thereafter.
- Division: Active Employee 0113; FERP Employee 0112
Under VSP, the following vision benefits are available to eligible CSU employees:
- In-network frame allowance - $95.00;
- Out-of-network frame allowance - $60.00;
- In-network contact lens allowance - $120.00;
- Polycarbonate lenses are covered for dependent children in-network up to age 26, instead of age 12; and
- Discounts of approximately 15% for laser correction surgery are available
CSU Vision Plan - Premier, Group Plan Number 30077022
All CSU active employees eligible to participate in the CSU VSP Basic Plan are eligible to enroll in the Premier Vision Plan for a small monthly employee cost share. The Premier Vision Plan enables you to get a higher allowance for frames and contacts, fully covered standard progressive lenses, and more discounts.
The CSU will continue to contribute $7.47 towards the monthly premium which appears as a vision deduction on pay warrants. If the employee chooses the Premier Plan, the additional cost will be deducted directly from their pay warrant. Premier Plan will be administered by VSP.
If the employee elects the Premier Plan, any dependents they wish to cover must also be enrolled into the Premier Plan coverage. Employees cannot choose to enroll in both the Basic and Premier vision plan coverage at the same time, or split their enrollment leaving any dependents on the Basic Vision Plan. Eligible employees must enroll through VSP directly.
Under the VSP Premier Plan, the following vision benefits are available to eligible CSU employees:
- In-network frame allowance - $200;
- Costco frame allowance - $110;
- In-network contact lens allowance - $200;
- Polycarbonate lenses are covered for dependent children in-network up to age 23, instead of age 12; and
- Frames/lenses/contacts every calendar year
VSP Online Access
Employees can complete an online member registration enrollment to create a user identification (ID) and password, for the purpose of viewing his/her vision benefits at www.vsp.com.
More Information & Important Links
- VSP Benefits Summary - Active Employee
- VSP Benefits Summary - FERP
- VSP Benefit Summary - Retiree
- Active Employee - VSP Premier Enrollment Form
- FERP: VSP Premier Enrollment Form
- Retirees: VSP Premier Enrollment Form
- Out of Network Reimbursement Form
- Direct Pay Form
- VSP Computer Vision Care (CVC) Confirmation Form
- VSP Tru Hearing
- Basic Evidence of Coverage Booklet
- Premier Evidence of Coverage Booklet