At Cal Maritime, it is important to create a community that focuses on the whole person. The Department of Human Resources invites you to take advantage of our wellness capabilities and explore the health and wellness programs offered at Cal Maritime. Our goal is to provide you with some of the tools to manage and maintain your work-life balance, make healthy lifestyle choices and live an active life! As we work towards wellness, all aspects of wholeness are incorporated to include the following: physical, emotional, spiritual, environmental, financial and social.
LifeMatters by Empathia
Employee Assistance Program
Personal and work-related matters can preoccupy our thoughts, destroy our ability to concentrate on the simplest of tasks, or prevent us from functioning the way we want to in everyday situations. Your EAP member services offer ways to help overcome such issues, and will help you identify problems, develop a plan, and gain referrals to appropriate resources.
Immediate Support is available to employees 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Phone: 1-800-367-7474
- Online: mylifematters.com (enter password: calmaritime1)
- Company Code is calmaritime1
EAP Services include:
When you need a helping hand, a skilled professional can provide focus, direction and support. LifeMatters can help you identify and resolve issues involving:
- Marriage and relationships
- Family conflict
- Stress, anxiety, and emotional distress
- Grief and loss
- Alcohol or drug dependency
- Life changes
Eligible members are entitled to up to 3 appointments per incident per calendar year. Choose from:
- Face to face appointments with an LifeMatters network provider
- Telephonic appointments - for maximum convenience and anonymity
- Web-video appointments - convenient and easy, but with a more personal touch than traditional telephonic
Online Wellness Resources
Your EAP Wellness Center offers all sorts of assessments, programs and tools to help you achieve your health and wellness goals. Once you sign inand register, learn about the great services available to you and your family to assess your health and develop plans to get fit, eat right, manage stress, or stop smoking. Our interactive programs will help you track your progress and stay motivated every step of the way.
Work and Life Services
- Daily Living Services
- Financial Services
- Legal Services
- Identity Theft Recovery Services
Personalized Wellness Coaching
Wellness coaching services offer extra support when you're ready to change your life.
LifeMatter's certified coaches can help you with all sorts of health issues, including:
- Weight management
- Smoking cessation
- Fitness and exercise
- Stress management
- Overall lifestyle improvement
- Lifestyle support for chronic conditions such as asthma, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease
Please contact LifeMatters at 1-800-367-7474, TDD/TTY: 877-307-2812
They will help you schedule an initial goal-setting consultation with your coach. This phone call usually lasts about 45-60 minutes.
Because this is a highly personalized program, you and your coach will decide what kind of help you need to reach your goals. You can:
- Schedule follow-up calls with your coach (participants average about four 15-30 minute consultations).
- Reach out as needed via phone, email or IM (coaches are available Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern time).
- Access multimedia programs, health assessments, menu planners, fitness trackers, and more through a secure, personalized web portal.
- Receive personalized emails and coach-chosen materials.
Tobacco and Vaping Free Cal Maritime - Information and resources to help employees break free from tobacco.
- Tobacco Cessation Resources
- Educational Resources
- On-Campus Resources
- CalPERS Health Plans: Tobacco and Vaping-Free Resources
Health and Fitness at the Aquatics/Athletics Center - activities include weight room, cardio room, and pool. You will have access to faculty and staff locker room and showers.
- Gym/Pool Membership: Click on "online registration" button. Staff and faculty membership is $22.92 per month