New Employee Orientation is the first step in welcoming new hires to Cal Maritime. Its main objective is to familiarize new employees with the University, its organizational structure, its policies and procedures, to enable them to get a better understanding of their benefits and the various benefits options available to eligible new employees. The objective of the session is to provide new employees with all the pertinent information they need to begin working at the university.
It is necessary for all new/rehired employees (Faculty/ Staff/Instructional Student Assistants) to complete employment documents. This webpage provides you with a list of documents and forms that you will need to upload or bring in on your first day of work as instructed by your Human Resources (HR) Representative.
Required Employment Eligibility Documents
Please bring the following identification documents with you on your first day of work:
- Social Security Card – to meet Federal IRS and California State Franchise Tax Board requirements, employees must provide their social security card for verification of their name and social security number. All employment documents must reflect the same name as is printed on the Social Security Card.
- Any acceptable documents that fulfill I-9 requirements. The purpose of the Form I-9 is to document that the new employee is authorized to work in the United States. Employees must provide original documents. Provide ONE (1) document from List A OR TWO (2) documents, one (1) each from List B and List C.
Onboarding Employment Forms
Upload the following forms into your CHRS recruiting onboarding portal.
- Computer/Email Usage Agreement
- Parking Permit Request
- Direct Deposit Enrollment (Sign-up via the CEC website after your first month of employment)
- Policy Acknowledgment Checklist
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Notification Checklist & 2024 Summary of Benefits
- Confidentiality Agreement
All Employment Forms
*Only complete the below documents if instructed by your HR representative.
- Designation of Person(s) Authorized to Receive Warrants
- Demographic and Emergency Contact
- Employee Action Request
- Oath of Allegiance
- Self-Identification Form
- Self-Identification Form of Disability
- Veteran Self-Identification Form- Veterans
- EO 1083 - Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse and Neglect (For General Reporters Only)
- EO 1083 - Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse and Neglect (For Limited Reporters Only)
- Authorization to use Privately Owned Vehicles on State Business
- Reciprocal Self-Certification Form-CalPERS
- Form 700
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification (This version is unfillable and must be printed for completion)
- Outside Employment Disclosure (Management)
- Outside Employment Disclosure (Faculty)
- Outside Employment Disclosure (Vice-President/President)
- Statement Concerning Your Employment in a Job Not Covered by Social Security
Employee Policies and Procedures
Please review the policies and procedures listed below.
- Authorization to use Privately owned Vehicles on State Business
- Complaint Procedures for Protected Disclosure of Improper Governmental Activities and/or Significant Threats to Health or Safety (EO 1115)
- Drug Free Workplace Policy (EO 930)
- FML Notification to Employees
- HIPAA Privacy Notice
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect (EO 1083)
- Notice of Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Gender and Sex (Title IX)
- Policy Statement on Smoking
- Privacy and Personal Information Management Student Records Administration (EO 796)
- Public Employee Disaster Service Worker Status
- Smoke and Tobacco Free Policy
- CSU Policy and Procedure Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Sexual Exploitation, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, Stalking, and Retaliation (Nondiscrimination Policy) (EO 1095, 1096, 1097)
- Worker's Compensation
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be satisfactorily completed before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.