Employee Assistance Program
LifeMatters by Empathia
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is designed to provide professional assistance to state faculty, staff and their families (dependents and permanent household members) in assessing and resolving personal problems that may be affecting well-being or job performance.
LifeMatters by Empathia offers a wide array of health solutions focused on promoting individual and organizational well-being, providing work/life resources and educational webinars/seminars for employees.
Effective April 2023, LifeMatters has launched two new programs to expand the EAP offerings:
Access LifeMatters resources through your phone.
OnTopic with Empathia
Podcast about overcoming challenges in times of uncertainty. New episodes every other Wednesday.
- 24/7 telephone assessment/counseling (click for phone number - CSUM login required)
- Access to mylifematters.com
- 3 free in-person counseling sessions with a local counselor
- Work/life resources and referrals
- Financial consultation with a certified financial counselor
- Legal consultation with an attorney
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Access to Spanish-speaking counselors
- And more…
Eligible Employees and Dependents
Current Cal Maritime faculty, staff, and management employees are eligible for LifeMatters services.
All persons who reside with the employee (non-roomers) are eligible for services. This includes:
- the lawful spouse
- dependent children, up to age twenty-six (26), irrespective of the dependent's place of residence, marital, financial, or student status
- any spouse/former spouse who does not permanently reside with the employee and is ordered by the court that coverage be provided is also eligible
How to Access Services
Our company password is available for use for the services covered by Empathia, CSUM login required. Should you have any questions about the program, please contact Kristen Bautista, email@example.com
General questions can be forwarded to the Department of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LifeMatters Resource Fliers
The Specialized Health Care Service Plan Contract Amendatory Rider for AB 457 and the Combined Evidence of Coverage and Disclosure Form Amendatory Rider for AB 457 are available on the LifeMatters website, https://members2.mylifematters.com/portal/welcome/sso.
All covered members may download the rider by logging into the member website and clicking on the "Combined Evidence of Coverage and Disclosure Rider" at the footer of the site. Members can also request a hard copy by writing to “Member Services: Empathia Pacific 5234 Chesebro Road, Suite 201, Agoura Hills, CA 91301.”