Employees who are eligible for medical/dental insurance and have other non-CSU group coverage can elect to waive CSU coverage in exchange for a monthly cash payment:
- Medical and Dental: $140.00
- Medical only: $128.00
- Dental only: $12.00
- Must certify that you have alternative non-CSU group medical and/or dental coverage.
- Must provide proof of other non-CSU group coverage.
- Dependents on another CSU employee plan are not eligible.
- FlexCash payment is treated as taxable income and is subject to payroll taxes.
- Eligible employees have 60 calendar days commencing with their appointment date to enroll in the FlexCash plan.
Note: Under the Federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), the IRS has prohibited employers from offering cash to employees who choose to waive employer-sponsored medical coverage and enroll in "individual" medical coverage. Employees who are enrolled in individual medical coverage, such as Tricare, Medicare, Medi-Cal and Covered California, or those who participate in a "health-care sharing" program are not eligible to receive cash in lieu of other medical coverage even if the coverage provides minimum value. These requirements do not apply to dental coverage.