Training and Professional Development
The Department of Human Resources supports the growth and development of our employees. Our overarching goal is to provide quality training and professional development opportunities that enhance knowledge, develop skills, and enrich both the employee and the organization.
Learning and Development Opportunities
Whether in the classroom or online, Cal Maritime employees have options to expand their learning opportunities.
- Continuing Education at a Discount: Employee Tuition Fee Waiver Program
- CSU Systemwide Learning & Development (L&D)
- CSU's Got Talent Live Webcasts
- Required Employee Compliance Training through CSULearn (Click "Assigned Learning" for your assigned training)
- The Chancellor's Doctoral Incentive Program (CDIP)
- CSU Research, Scholarly, and Creative Activities Award Program
Work/Life Balance/Future Planning
Most of us manage our lives successfully. There are times, however, when personal problems interfere with relationships, job performance, and physical health. Everyone can benefit from help when these difficulties arise. The Department of Human Resources offers FREE and confidential counseling and referral services via the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), administered by LifeMatters by Empathia.
The Tuition Waiver Program provides the opportunity for eligible staff, faculty, dependent children, spouses or domestic partners to take classes at any CSU campus at significantly reduced rates. You may be eligible for the following professional development opportunities:
- Complete a degree with a Tuition Waiver for yourself or dependent
- Take a work-related Cal Maritime course
Pursuing your personal and professional development goals may be easier than you think. Please contact the Department of Human Resources or vision the Tuition Waiver page for more information.
Whether in the classroom or online, Systemwide Learning & Development (L&D) empowers CSU employees to achieve continuous learning, personal growth and professional development through a diverse range of learning experiences and tools.
- Learning On Demand
- Leadership Development
- Live Learning Programs
- Compliance Training
Systemwide Learning & Development presents a series of LIVE webcasts featuring innovative and essential training for your professional and personal success! All CSU employees are invited to attend the CSU's Got Talent (CSUGT) live talks presented by sought-after experts in a wide variety of professional development fields! Join the live session, or catch past sessions on CSU Learn.
Mark your calendars and register for an upcoming session of CSU's Got Talent!
Join the CSU's Got Talent Listserv: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Live Webcasts
Save these Dates!
September 26, 2023 - Psychological Safety - Garth Sheriff
October 24, 2023 - Career Management - Paula Boggs
November 29, 2023 - Unstoppable Resilience - Dr. Eva Selhub
Did you miss it? All Recordings are available now on CSU Learn
Employees (Staff, Faculty, Student Workers) may be required to complete various compliance and required training based on their role with the University. Based on your requirements, automated assignment emails and reminders will be sent from tour Learning Management System, CSU Learn with information about the required course and the due date for completing the training.
Click on the topics below to learn more about each requirement:
- Conflict of Interest
- Data Security & FERPA
- Eliminate Campus Sexual Misconduct
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Injury Illness Prevention Program
- Data Security & FERPA
- Sexual Misconduct Prevention Program
- HIPAA: Protecting Patient Privacy
- Injury Illness Protection Program
- Avoiding Conflicts of Interest
- Mandated Reporter
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Non-Supervisors
- Supervisor: Anti-Harassment, Discrimination, Retaliation
- Sex/Gender Discrimination, Harassment, and Violence Investigations
- Defensive Driving Fundamentals
- Clery Act