[Noun] The state of being without reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food.
Cal Maritime cadets are bright, creative, energetic; they are full of ideas and possibility. And mirroring national trends among college students, some are going hungry because they cannot afford food.
Cal Maritime believes that no cadet in the Keelhauler family should ever be food insecure. If you are experiencing hunger because you don't have enough money for food, there is help available.
Ways to get assistance
- Meal Vouchers for complimentary meals at the Dining Center or Morrow Cove
- $6 and under Healthy Meal Choices sold at Morrow Cove Cafe
- In confidence, let a staff or faculty member know you need assistance
- Fill out the form below or email FOOD@CSUM.EDU
NO ONE WANTS YOU TO GO HUNGRY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T AFFORD FOOD!!!
If you would like to help a cadet in need, please consider one of the following:
- Donate one meal from your semester meal plan to another cadet who needs it
- Donate to the Food Security Fund