Web Content Display Web Content Display

Medicare Part B Premiums

The SSA establishes a Medicare Part B premium amount annually. Each month you must pay the monthly Medicare Part B premium to the SSA to remain enrolled in Part B. If you receive SSA benefits, the Part B premium will be deducted from your SSA benefits; otherwise, the SSA will bill you quarterly.
The standard Part B premium amount applies to most people; however, you may pay an Income Related Monthly Adjustment Amount (IRMAA) if your modified adjusted gross income reported on your IRS tax return is above a certain amount.
Once you're enrolled in a CalPERS Medicare health plan, you must continue to pay the SSA for Part B and maintain enrollment in Part B to remain enrolled in the CalPERS health program.
If you're Medicare eligible and terminated from Medicare Part B by CMS, you'll be disenrolled from a CalPERS Medicare health plan and you may not be enrolled in a CalPERS Basic (non-Medicare) health plan; therefore, you may lose your CalPERS health coverage.
If you're terminated from Medicare Part B, you must contact CalPERS immediately to resolve any enrollment issues and overpayments for Medicare Part B reimbursements.

Scroll Up
Staging Enabled
Last updated: 8/27/20